* On Sunday, January 22, 2017, road closures in the Arroyo and
throughout the downtown will be in effect for the
Pasadena Half Marathon at the Rose Bowl.
All road closures for the event will begin at 6:00 am and
streets will re-open on a rolling basis following an 18 minute-per-mile
pace clock for race participants. The final streets of the course are
expected to re-open by 12:30 pm.
Also, SR 134 Eastbound Off-Ramp to Orange Grove Ave will be closed
from 5:30 am to 11:15 am. Lot I and the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center
will be accessible at all times via Seco Street. To access Lot I between 6:00 am – 8:30 am, guests are encouraged to use Seco Street from the east, heading west, and follow the direction of uniformed officers who will direct you into Lot I.
After 8:30 am, RBAC patrons may also access Lot I via
northbound Arroyo Blvd. For questions regarding street closures &
towed vehicles on event day (6:00 am – 1:00 pm) please call
(626) 577-6125. Additional information about the event can be found at www.pasadenahalf.com. Please plan on arriving early and anticipate
parking and traffic delays.
*We are thrilled to welcome Kandis Pulliam as the new
Lifeguard Manager at the RBAC. Kandis has held a variety of
positions at the RBAC over the years, including in the
lifeguard department. Her varied experience and commitment to
the Center's patrons make her ideal for this position.
She will continue her responsibilities as the Rays Coach.
Feel free to say hello and let Kandis know if you have any questions!
* SALE IN THE PRO SHOP!!
All suits on sale and Mermaid Nation suits $25 each!
Come pick up yours today!
* There are a few dates in January when parking,
the deck and pool space may be impacted:
* January 8th - January 14th, lanes in both the Comp Pool and Rec Pool will be used intermittently by the University of Colorado Boulder and University of Kansas for swim and dive practices. Please refer to the calendars for more information
* January 14th - 16th, Cultural Days at Kidspace will take place from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and may impact parking
* January 22nd Pasadena Half Marathon from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
* Congratulations to both the girls and boys 14 and under
Water Polo Teams on their National Championship!
They swept the tournament and both teams brought home the
GOLD from the TYR Champions Cup in Hawaii!
This win is a first for the RBAC and represents a major accomplishment
for these athletes and our club. We are so proud of these athletes and coaches!
* The Ellen Show visited the RBAC on Monday, November 21st!
to see 'Average Andy' learn how to dive!
* The Cafe is accepting applications for a new staff member. The position is 20 to 30 hours weekly, mainly afternoons 2pm to 8pm and some weekends. The position involves all aspects of work in a cafe: food prep , cashiering, maintaining consistency of food and cleaning. A food handlers certificate is needed (available on line for $10). Experience a plus but not a must. Please contact Rocco Romano at email@example.com with any questions.
* Click here
to read a LA Times Article about our aweosme Masters Dive Coach, Lenny Larsen.
* Looking for the latest in chic swimwear AND the greatest in comfort? The RBAC Pro Shop has the answer! “We are proud to announce that beautiful and practical swim suits featuring front zippers are now for sale,” commented Ali Blank, Pro Shop Manager. “Patrons enjoy these suits because they are easy to step into and zip up, and just as easy to take off even when they are wet.” Suits come in bright colors and polka dot patterns and are available in extra small, small, large, extra large and double-extra large and are $40 each. Hurry in to get your choice as the number of suits is limited and no reorder will be possible.
A very special thank you to Eleanor Nieuwenhuis of Mermaid Nation for making this very special offer possible.
The Pro Shop is open 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday thru Friday and
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information email Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Did you know about RBAC's Special Needs Swim Team? Learn more by clicking here. Congrats to Coach Kandis and her team!
* Why water? Click here to learn more.
* Please click here to see a detailed Events calendar.
* Please click here
to see a detailed Rec Pool calendar.
* Lifeguards wanted! The RBAC is looking for lifeguards to join this dynamic and fun group year round! Please click here to apply or for more information.